SEASON 3 OF THE PEN GARDEN IS HERE!
What’s this episode about?
Welcome to the third season of The Pen Garden Podcast. It’s titled Inspiration. After a short break, I’ve come back to the podcast with lots of new ideas so I’m once again very excited to share them with you. In this season, there is going to be a secret bonus episode.
Learn about inspiration and capture it
Inspiration is mysterious for both creators and scientists but absolutely essential to the creative process. In this season I will try to de-mistify it and offer you some practices which might be useful if you want to foster inspiration in your writing routines.
In the next five episodes, you will learn about:
- the theory and science of inspiration – what it was perceived to be, what it is viewed as now and how can you fit this knowledge in your writing practice to empower your creativity. I learned a lot while researching this episode so make sure you take a look – I bet there will be at least something new and unexpected there for you.
- procrastination and how we can trick out procrastinating brains to be creatively productive. There I discuss what I call productive procrastination, or consuming inspiring media to ensure you are at the top of your game when your procrastination subsides.
- dreams and their day cousins, the daydreams. Dreaming opens the door of our subconsciousness and lets us tap into the hidden depths of our creativity. Many of my writing ideas come from things my mind has shown me while I’ve been asleep so I can’t wait to delve into this topic and how it relates to inspiration.
- how brainstorming can jump start your inspiration and how writing exercises can get you out of a slump and into a new dawn of creativity.
- the often neglected social aspect of writing and inspiration. There I will talk about the benefits of writing retreats, writing groups and writing friends and how their mere existence around you can be inspirational.
BONUS Episode ANNOUNCEMENT
On the 1st of November, many writers will be starting a massive undertaking. They will be trying to write a novel in 30 days. And that’s fantastic.
I’m of course talking about Nanowrimo. I have taken part in National Novel Writing Month four times so far and will take part this year again. It’s an amazing time which can leave you buzzing from all the words you’re putting down on the page every day, all the friends you’ve made, all the things you’ve learned. Or it can be extremely demoralizing as you try to reach the daily wordcount goal but the graph slips from its intended trajectory, leaving you feeling deflated and unmotivated.
The bonus episode will look into how you can be productive during this month and keep your mental health, optimizing your chances of winning Nanowrimo. And if you’re not participating, come listen anyway – there will be lots of useful suggestions which can help with the mental health side of writing, no matter what kind of a writer you are.
Listen and Join The Conversation
Episodes come out weekly on Tuesdays, with episode 1 available to listen right now. After each season, there will be a one-week reflection break, for me and for you guys, and then a new season will be available the Tuesday after the break. I will explain more about this in the final episode of this season.
If you want to be up to date on Pen Garden news, subscribe to the show and sign up to my newsletter. I promise no spam, only cups of writing joy. If you want to continue the conversation, you can poke me on The Pen Garden Facebook page or tweet me @laineydelaroque.
Episode 2 comes out next week
Join me on your favorite podcasting platform!
Listen and subscribe
Listen to all Available episodes of season 3:
Or the episodes from seasonS 1&2: